Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Crockpot mania!


So I succumbed and ordered a crockpot. I purchased a 6qt model with a temperature probe that reminds me of old times in organic chemistry lab, and regardless how others feel, to me those are happy memories. This Hamilton Beach Set 'n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker is great, the probe is not just fancy looking but it works wonders.
So far I’ve only tried cooking two things, cola chicken that I picked up on this recipe at bigoven.com and a whole rotisserie chicken. For the coke chicken I used frozen chicken breasts and I added chopped onions; it was delicious!, I’m so proud. DH loved the chicken, and he’s a picky eater. The whole chicken was great as well, but nothing out of the ordinary, I placed balls of aluminum foil under the chicken to make it more “rotisserie like”; however, it came out a little bit too white, so I popped it in the oven at broiler setting for five minutes to brown and it was perfect.
I’m very excited about the crockpot; all the raves about spending little time in the kitchen are true, absolutely minimal work. And there are tons of recipes online. I love bigoven.com and Stephanie O’Dea’s blog, which is totally amazing, she’s even got recipes for crockpot yogurt!
Next, I’m planning to try meatloaf, let’s see how that comes out.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP