Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 10, 2009

A very pink intimate babyshower

A few weekends ago, I was part of the decoration team for one of my dearest friend's babyshower. She's having a girl, and since I have a boy, I was very very hungry for pink. And although I'm not a pink-loving kinda gal, having the chance of using it all over the place wasn't something I was able to resist. Per the honoree's request, we tried to keep it low key and simple.

IMG_0316

My first task was this diaper cake. My first one ever and I'm so proud. I got compliments from everyone that attended :).. instructions comming soon.

IMG_0328

I also made pink pina colada cupcakes with buttercream frosting. They were so yummy and such a hit!

IMG_0390

I bought this juice container on clearance at Macy's for $25 and filled it with ice and pink lemonade, we cut slices of lime for a little color. It looked so refreshing and was also a hit!

IMG_0352


We did three flower arrangements that we put on each of the tables we had. Simple purple and pink flowers using fish bowls from Michael's with purple glass beads. This fish bowls are so versatile, I've used them over and over again from my engagement party, to my wedding, and other parties. One of the other girls made foam figures and we glued them to wood sticks and placed them among the flowers.

IMG_0359


IMG_0385

We didn't want a bulky guestbook, so we purchased a frame and mat and put a sonogram picture and had everyone sign it.
IMG_0449

Since the honoree is a self proclaimed anti-babyshower woman, and doesn't like games, we bought little shirts and onesies along with fabric paint. Everyone made their own design and she got to keep them for her baby.
IMG_0412

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP